Tuna Panini Bento

As I've mentioned in one of my earlier posts, we've been bringing some breakfast bentos too. Here's an example of a quick "to-go" breakfast.

I bought the panini at French Baker, P69 for 4 pieces. I toasted a piece then sliced it in the middle to create 2 triangles then stuffed them with homemade tuna spread. I don't like the instant ones you can find in the grocery. I prefer "real" tuna chunks. I also cut up an orange. It was very juicy but tasteless. MF just tasted one and gave up. So I was left to finish everything in the bag. I didn't mind. It was natural vitamin C. I'm kuripot like that. 

This is the recipe for the tuna spread:
  • 1 can Century Tuna flakes in oil
  • 1 big pack of mayo 
  • half a shallot
  • 1 small can pineapple tidbits
  • sea salt and pepper to taste
  • grated Romano cheese
Drain the tuna then just mix everything. This filled all the panini plus some leftovers enough for another sandwich or two. How can you skip breakfast when you can have something as easy as this to prepare?

Comments