Misua with Patola

misua with patola, 240baon

I think this is the first time I’ve cooked patola. Patola is the vegetable that they make into a loofah when it gets really old and dried up. A lot of people don’t like it because of its slimy texture. I don’t like slimy vegetables i.e. okra  but surprisingly, I like patola especially if it’s in misua. Misua are very thin noodles that cook almost instantly once you put them in boiling water. They also absorb the soup/broth/water/liquid at an incredibly fast rate. This is the reason why I seldom cook misua. I hate adjusting the water and seasonings several times. But now that it’s super cold, I opt to cook hearty soups.

We had this for dinner Monday night. MB enjoyed it. We ate it with rice. You can also add meat balls to this dish to make it more filling. I didn’t bother because nowadays, I’m too lazy to cook. I will probably cook just easy dishes this week. MB misses my home cooking after all those parties, celebrations and eating out.

Comments