MB’s Cashew Chicken

MB's cashew chicken, 240baon

I was rushed to the hospital on the eve of my birthday so I spent the first few hours of it stuck in a hospital bed. I am ordered to have complete bed rest for a week and my husband  and mom have just been so sweet to take care of the chores for me. MB took over cooking dinner which I hate not because he’s a bad cook but because he should be relaxing already after a hard day’s work in the office.

Anyway, this is what he cooked for dinner the other night. This is cashew chicken and it has chicken, cashews, water chestnuts, carrots and snow peas or snap peas. The sauce contains rice vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, sugar, salt, sesame oil, chicken broth and a whole bunch of other stuff. The chicken pieces were marinated as well prior to cooking. They were marinated in a mixture of soy sauce, chicken broth and sesame oil. 

Aside from the vegetables being a bit overcooked, this dish was wonderful! I tried cooking this dish in the past and failed miserably. MB got it the first time! My mom and I had this for lunch again the next day and I truly enjoyed it.

Comments