Ginisang Sardinas

I hate eating local sardines. I love sardines but the local ones are too fishy and they don't properly clean the fish. You can still see some guts in the fish. That turns me off big time. So, in order to not sacrifice my love for sardines, I resort to international brands. Sure, they are more expensive but they are clean and the flavors are deeper.

This is one simple recipe that I bet is a staple in many local households. It's cheap, it's fast to cook and it feeds a family.



You need

a big can of sardines ( I used Ayam brand for this one)
garlic
onions
tomatoes
chopped parsley
juice of 1-2 calamansi
fish sauce
pepper
oil 

Let's do this!

Saute some chopped tomatoes in oil. When the juice starts to come out, add the garlic and onions. When the onions are cooked, add the sardines. You can break them up into smaller pieces if you are feeding many mouths. Mix. Add the calamansi juice or lemon. If using lemon, use about a tablespoon of juice. Season with fish sauce and pepper. Be sure to taste before serving. Serve with lots of hot, yummy rice. My 1-year-old even liked this. Let me know if you enjoy this recipe!

Comments