Lemon Butter Chicken


Sorry about the dark photo. I took this with my phone and we don't exactly have great lighting in our kitchen. Anyway, I cooked this dish ages ago. I just wasn't able to post it.

I have a few notes though. I used chicken breast fillets as I really don't like dark meat. Don't use a whole lemon. It will end up too sour. The recipe said to use a few. Good thing I stuck with one but it was still super sour. Start with two lemon rings and work your way up. Do not do what I did in the photo above.  I also used up a lot of butter. I was afraid the chicken would dry up.

You need:


Chicken breasts, halved or pounded so that they will be thin and evenly cooked
salt and pepper
Spanish paprika
lemon, sliced into rings
butter
flour

Let's do this!

Season the chicken with salt, pepper and Spanish paprika, Coat with flour.

In a pan, melt some butter, about one third cup. Cook the chicken in the hot butter. Remove the chicken and set aside.

Add the lemon rings in the pan. Use just half of a lemon or start with 2 rings. Cook until the lemons are slightly brown. Bring the chicken back to the pan and drizzle with the juice and butter mixture. Taste and adjust seasonings. Serve with rice. This was really delicious if it weren't for the sour explosion in my mouth. I will surely make this again.




Comments