Chocolate Chip Loaf


I was so thrilled to find out that I don't react to chocolate! I just can't be allergic to chocolate. I don't have a sweet tooth but I want to eat chocolate every now and then even if it's just a small bite. This recipe was requested by my little boy. He likes momma to bake him a lot of goodies. 


This is very easy to make and you just can't go wrong with chocolate. Even if you are a new baker, you should try this. All you need is a loaf pan which you can easily buy from the department store. Make sure to use a non-stick one. My loaf looks a bit dry because I over baked it. I was busy doing something else and totally forgot about it. Don't forget to check on it every now and then to make sure that it's cooked just right. 


ALLERGY ALERT - CHOCOLATE

You need:

2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/8 cup softened butter
2/3 cup sugar ( I used Muscovado but you can use regular white or brown)
3 organic eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup milk
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Let's do this!

Preheat oven to 180C. Grease the loaf pan with butter or with a non-stick spray. 

Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl except for the chocolate chips. 

In another bowl, whisk butter and sugar until light and fluffy. It's better if you have a mixer but I don't so I did it the old fashioned way with a lot of elbow grease. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add the vanilla and mix well. 

Add half the dry mixture to the wet mixture and fold just until combined. Add half the milk and fold just until combined and repeat with the remaining ingredients. Do not over mix. Fold in the chocolate chips. 

Spoon the batter into your loaf pan. Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack. Enjoy this with a glass of cold milk. We ate this for dessert, breakfast and afternoon snacks. 




Comments