Loaded Mashed Potatoes

Hi, everyone! We had a nice staycation during my son's birthday week that's why I was out. I have also been busy in my mom blog. I'm making a few printables both for free and for sale. Please do check it out!

Anyway, let's continue with our Easter spread. Today's recipe is this loaded mashed potatoes. I don't know about you, but I love me some good mashed potatoes. I crave it. I can eat it probably on a weekly basis. Okay, okay. I'll stop now.


You need:

potatoes (I used about 5-7 big pieces for this one tray)
1/2 cup butter
1 bar cream cheese (I used Arla)
1 cup sour cream
2 cups cheddar cheese, divided
fried bacon, chopped
green onions, sliced 
salt and pepper

Let's do this!

Preheat oven to 177C.

Wash, peel and chop potatoes. Potatoes cook faster if you chop them up.  Place in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat. When boiling, reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes. Test the largest piece by piercing with a fork. If it's tender, they are done. Drain the water and leave the potatoes in the pot. 

Mash the potatoes with a masher or with the back of a wooden spoon. Mix in the butter and cream cheese. Mix them until everything is combined. Add the sour cream, half of the cheddar, some green onions, salt and pepper and some bacon pieces. Mix. 

Grease a baking dish. You can use butter or a spray. Spread the mixture into the dish and top with the remaining cheddar, bacon and green onions. Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is just melted and the potatoes are heated through. 

I think I'm going to make some next week but I'd have to omit the bacon as I'm reacting to it!

Comments