Homemade Banana Fritters


This was my son's breakfast today. It's homemade banana fritters. I'm making it my mission to go to the market daily or at least every other day to get some Vitamin D, fresh air, exercise and some socialization. There was an abundance of saba bananas so I got 3.

I initially wanted to just fry them but changed my mind when I remembered that my son was asking for some banana fritters yesterday.

Banana Fritters

3 saba bananas, cut into into sticks
1/2 c flour
1/4 c brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
a pinch of pink salt
1/2 cup milk
4 quail eggs (or 1 chicken egg)
1T melted butter
coconut oil for frying

caster sugar and whipped cream for toppings

Let's do this!

In a bowl, sift the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together. 

In another bowl, whisk the eggs and then add the milk and butter. Pour the flour mixture into the milk mixture and mix just until combined. Do not over mix!

Put the banana slices into the batter to coat them. 

Fry. Drain on a wire rack. To serve, put one or two pieces on a plate, sift some caster sugar and top with whipped cream. 



Comments