Breakfast Egg-Mushroom Wraps (Soy-Free)


I think this is my third breakfast post for the week. Are you getting tired? Hopefully not. I put up this blog mainly to document the dishes I make so that when I get stumped on what to serve, I can just browse the archives. Breakfast is usually the hardest for me to prepare thus the abundance of breakfast fare.

These wraps are really great until I read about one of the cancerous ingredients that it contains. These are commercial wraps that I buy from the supermarket. We eat them a lot in a week, my son and I. When I learned about the fact, I immediately told my son and we both decided to stop buying them and to just make our own but that's another topic for another day.

You need:

wraps, pita or tortilla
organic lettuce
8-10 quail eggs, beaten with a small squirt of Sriracha, also seasoned with pink Himalayan salt and pepper and dried parsley
sliced button mushrooms
chopped onions
Dijon mustard (optional)
olive oil

Let's do this!

1. Pour some olive oil in a pan. Saute the chopped onions until translucent.
2. Add the mushrooms and cook until brown.
3. Add the eggs and scramble them.
4. Spread a thin layer of Dijon on one side of the wrap.
5. Add lettuce. Top with the egg mixture.
6. Serve with fruit.





Comments