Cauliflower Popcorn V2 (SOY-FREE)



I bought a head of cauliflower last Sunday thinking of making it into my cauliflower popcorn. However, I forgot to buy panko for the umpteenth time. I've been meaning to buy panko for the past two months already!

So, I looked in my cupboard and found a bag of chickpea crumbs. I haven't been a huge fan of it. I've used it a couple of times and I wasn't very happy with the results. This time around, it was okay. My son loved it but then again, he really loves chickpeas. I couldn't really say much because I have a cold and couldn't taste anything. 

The popcorn was crunchy just like version 1 so I guess it's okay. 

You need:

1 head cauliflower, washed and chopped into bite-size pieces

Station 1:
cornstarch or flour

Station 2:
8 beaten quail eggs with a splash of sriracha (substitute 2 chicken eggs)

Station 3:
chickpea crumbs with:
dried oregano
garlic powder
Himalayan pink salt
pepper

coconut oil or olive oil for frying
wire rack for cooling

Let's do this!

1. Dredge cauliflower in cornstarch, shake excess. 
2. Dip in egg mixture.
3. Coat with chickpea mixture.
4. Fry in oil and cool on wire racks. Do not cool on paper towels as they will become soggy.

I served this with tortang talong which is pictured at the back. I also served some organic ketchup for a dip. 





Comments