Cheesy Mushrooms on Rye (Soy-Free)


My son is allergic to dairy but we've been desensitizing. I followed the suggestions on a book I asked my SIL to buy from Singapore. Sorry, the title escapes me now and I'm not in the house as I blog this. If you want to know the title, please comment below. 

I'm happy to report that my son is now immune to mozzarella but I only give him a small piece, once a week just to make sure that the allergy will not come back. 

I usually give him the cheese for breakfast thus the birth of this bread. We have been loving different kinds of mushrooms (great cancer fighter!) these days and I have been incorporating them into our breakfast, lunch and dinner dishes. Try this sandwich for breakfast or lunch. It's very filling!

You need:

rye bread 
sliced button mushrooms
sliced onions
olive oil
Himalayan pink salt and pepper
chopped spring onions
1/2 to 1 slice of mozzarella for one bread. 

1. Toast the bread or you can skip this part as we will heat it on the pan later. I toasted it in the oven.
2. In a pan, pour some oil. Saute the onions until brown or wilted. I caramelized them. Then add the mushrooms and cook until brown. Add the spring onions. 
3. Season with salt and pepper. 
4. Place the cheese on one toast. Top with the mushroom mixture. Cover with another slice.
5.  Toast both sides of the bread on low heat on the pan until cheese melts. 
6. Serve with fruit. 







Comments