Our Experience at Italianni's Glorietta

I know Italianni's has been around for some time but we've avoided this restaurant for so long. When they opened their branch in Greenbelt, my husband and I tried it and were very disappointed. The pizza was very soggy and the pasta was tasteless. After that experience, we never came back.

Fast forward to this day, as my son and  I have allergies and one of the only safe cuisines to eat is Italian, we decided to try the branch at Glorietta. The food did not disappoint.


We ordered the pineapple mango juice, some potato chips with truffle dip and pizza with four flavors. I had some roasted chicken and my son had a DIY pizza.  





We loved the drink although it was too sweet for our taste. The potato chips were umay. It was too rich for us and we didn't even touch the dip. The pizza was really good. My son enjoyed his pizza as well. I liked the roasted chicken but prefer Cibo's more.

Although the food and price points were okay, what I didn't like was the attitude of the staff. At the start of the meal, everyone was so nice and accommodating. The manager on duty even went to our table and talked us, asking how the food was. She asked if we brought our loyalty card with us to which I replied that we didn't have. It was our first time in that branch. I told her about our experience at the Greenbelt branch and she said, "Ah, ibahin nyo dito sa amin. Lagi kaming puno. Sige, mamya ulit." Then she left. After the meal she asked if we were satisfied. We said yes and she started to sell us their loyalty card which, if I remember correctly, costs Php4,000 and comes with a booklet of coupons for the company's group of restaurants. We don't eat out a lot because of our allergies and I personally don't see the value of this loyalty card and shelling out Php4,000 for it. So I said that we needed to discuss it first. My mom, son and I talked it over and decided that we didn't need it. (Besides, my son and I needed to test out their food first to see if we will get any reactions. We did, by the way.) So, I called the waiter and told him to process our bill and that we will not avail of the loyalty card.

After that, the service seemed to dwindle. The bill took so long to arrive and when we tried to follow up, everybody ignored us. When the bill finally arrived, we immediately paid it and my mom was trying to get their attention but they were still ignoring us, including the manager. She already saw my mom waiving at her but she pretended not to see her and proceeded to talk to the other diners. Finally, they got our payment and of course, the change and the takeout food took forever to arrive.

When we left, my mom said she didn't want to eat in that restaurant anymore, commenting that the people there are plastic.

If you have a great experience at the restaurant, good for you! But this was our experience and I'd like to share it.

Comments