Beef Bone Soup - Keto


Today, we had a very satisfying lunch. I would very much like to eat gamjatang (Korean pork bone soup) but sadly, it has gochujang, which has soy, which I cannot eat. So, I had to satisfy my cravings with this beef bone soup. 

This dish is not for the impatient. It took 6 hours to cook the beef alone. The vegetables took faster to cook, though. If you're new around here, I don't put the exact amount of ingredients in my recipes. I encourage everyone to be fearless when cooking and to experiment with tastes and ingredients. 



Ingredients

  • beef bones (beef, caldereta cut)
  • lots of water
  • onions
  • garlic
  • leeks
  • potatoes
  • beans
  • tomato sauce
  • patis (fish sauce)
  • salt 
  • pepper
  • a little bit of stevia

Let's do this!

  1. Rinse the beef in cold, running water. 
  2. Place the beef in a bowl filled with water and let them soak for an hour or two. 
  3. Boil some water in a pot. Add the beef and boil for 10 minutes. 
  4. Discard the water and wash the beef in running water. Wash the pot.
  5. Fill the pot with water and place the beef. Add the onions, garlic and leeks. I quartered the onions but left the garlic whole. I just peeled them. I also sliced the leeks diagonally.  
  6. Bring to a boil then lower heat. Simmer for 5 to 6 hours. 
  7. You can discard the vegetables after simmering but I left them in. 
  8. Add some tomato sauce. I used my homemade tomato sauce. Season with salt, pepper and a little bit of stevia. I also added fish sauce. 
  9. Add potatoes and cook until soft. Add the beans and cook.
  10. Serve with lots of rice! Omit if you're doing Keto.



Comments