Easy Dinner for an Exhausted Mom

Lately, I've been experiencing some fatigue. I was very exhausted in December and January because my grandma was hospitalized then she passed then we got covid. I wasn't really able to get a complete bed rest when I was sick because I still had to do some chores and cook our meals. When I felt a little better, I had to take care of my son. 


I'm back on my feet but I'm being strategic with my chores and cooking. (Mom said I need to pace myself.) After I cooked that Friday lunch spread, I also prepared our dinner. I figured since it's the weekend, I can afford to get exhausted now and rest the following day. Here's what I made in advance:




This is pork adobo, still in my slow cooker. I just want to say, if you are looking for pretty food photos that took hours to style, you're in the wrong place. I take photos as they come. I am a super busy (an understatement), homeschooling mom and I show you how it is. I mean, I don't style our everyday food. For me, that's just a waste of my time. I'd rather be doing something else. I'm showing you how I present food to my family. I'm sure a lot of busy moms out there can relate. Who has time to take a hundred photos in different angles when you have laundry to wash, cats to feed, and dinner to cook, right?


I digress. 


For dinner that night, I also cooked some camaron rebosado. These are battered deep-fried shrimps served with a sweet and sour sauce. 




I like cooking several dishes for a meal because 1. my son loves it  2. I have Bicolana blood and we eat like that in Bicol 3. I don't have to cook on weekends. We just eat the leftovers.  I hope you moms out there had some great ideas in this post to help you tackle your meal planning. 

Comments