Filipino Street Food for Lunch


 



My best friend and I participated in a bazaar last November to December at their clubhouse. Towards the end of the bazaar, we shifted to food. She sold some dynamite. For those of you not familiar, that's a green chili stuffed with minced meat, rolled in a lumpia (spring roll) wrapper. Normally, you put cheese in it but we are lactose intolerant so I flavored the meat with my kind of seasoning. I wanted to try it plus my husband loves spicy food so I reckoned he'll like it as well. The problem is, my son won't be able to handle the heat when I make the dynamite so I decided to make some kwek-kwek as well. That's hardboiled quail eggs dipped into an orange batter and deep-fried. So, one-day last week, that's what I made for lunch. I actually just wanted to eat it as is but I was afraid that the dynamite might be too spicy for me so I put a small amount of rice on my plate. That was a good decision, indeed. This is my plate.  I was only able to eat 2 pieces of dynamite. My face couldn't take the heat anymore (I have rosacea triggered by mask-wearing).  


I also made a sauce for the kwek-kwek. A big thank you to my best friend for teaching me how to make the dynamite and the sauce! Love you, sis!





Comments