TGIF Lunch Spread

I just want to share with you this lunch spread I made last Friday. I was washing the dishes when I heard our neighbor talking to her "suking" fishmonger. She was buying tilapia. I like tilapia but was scared that I'd end up with the "magilik" kind. My last 3 buys ended up in disappointment. Since he was a suki, I decided to risk it and asked my husband to buy 5 pieces. I would give the two to my mom and sister. Thank God they tasted good!


Here's what I made for lunch:




Fried tilapia, sauteed squash with minced pork, and chili shrimps. We also had a simple dipping sauce and some lanzones which I also bought from a vendor passing by. The pandemic has made me a convert. I usually don't trust vendors but fortunately, I found some really good ones. 





The shrimps are also from the same vendor. They were large river shrimps and tasted really good in this dish. I did realize though, after cooking, that I didn't devein them and so we just scraped the digestive tract off before eating them. When I got to the shrimps, I was already exhausted that's why I forgot. 


Fridays are special for my son and me so I usually cook something special for him. Glad that he enjoyed this spread!




Comments

Post a Comment