Snack or Dessert Idea: Andeico Sweets Strawberry Cream Puff (Review)


My son and I are foodies so we like discovering new food whether it be from a supermarket or a restaurant. Yesterday, we discovered these cream puffs from Mitsukoshi Fresh. We got 2 flavors - strawberry and chocolate. I used to hate strawberry flavored dessert when I was a child because they were too sweet for me and had that medicine taste. It's probably because manufacturers were using strawberry flavor or chemicals to get that strawberry taste. But, nothing beats the real thing, right?

My son loves strawberries so I was encouraged to be open to tasting strawberry desserts again. 

The cream puff is just the right size if you want a quick dessert or snack. We are not huge on desserts so this was the perfect size for us. Kung baga, pang tanggal lang ng umay.


I put them in the freezer once we got home as we got them from the freezer also in the grocery. 

The puff is nice and fluffy. The texture is good. It doesn't have a lot of taste because the cream is already sweet. I also like that it's not very crumbly, unlike other puff pastries. It's probably due to the cold. 



The cream inside was nice and smooth. It was like ice cream! I'm not very convinced with the strawberry flavor, though. I'm not sure if there's something missing or if the flavor is not natural-tasting. It wasn't overly sweet, though. My son liked it. So did my husband. I'd give this 4 out of 5 stars. The price is not bad as well. Can you believe that this Japanese pastry only costs Php29??? I've never seen a Japanese food that's so cheap! I was so happy to have found this! 

I'll let you know what the verdict is on the chocolate variant so stay tuned!

 

Comments