This is one of the very first dishes that I’ve learned to cook. The original is my sister’s recipe. I just tweak it according to the ingredients on hand.0
- Meatballs (recipe below)
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can of corn kernels
- chopped carrots
- salt and pepper
Basic Meatball recipe:
- ground sirloin or ground round
- 1 egg
- soy sauce or salt
- Worcestershire sauce
1. In a bowl, season the ground beef with soy sauce or salt and pepper. Add a dash of Worcestershire sauce. Add 1 beaten egg. Mix. Add breadcrumbs and mix well.
2. Form into balls and fry. Be careful not to overcrowd the pan as this will make the meatballs absorb more oil than usual.
Meatballs in cream of mushroom:
1. Saute some garlic and onions. Add the chopped carrots. Cook for 1 minute. Add the corn kernels. Cook for another minute.
2. Add the cream of mushroom soup. Add water according to how thick or thin you want your soup to be.
3. Season with salt and pepper. Add the meatballs and serve hot.
This is a great way to utilize leftover vegetables and meatballs. Kids will also love this for sure. I used to feed my cousins with this and not only do they clean their plates, but they ask for seconds as well. And you know how hard it is to feed very young children.