Beef and Macaroni


I love using leftovers for our dishes. For this dish, I used a lonely carrot in the vegetable bin, 1/3 of a pack of macaroni and some canned soup. I think the beef is the only one that's not part of the leftover brigade.


You need:

macaroni, cooked according to package direction. 
beef, choose a soft cut
garlic
onions
carrots, chopped into small cubes
canned cream of mushroom soup
water
salt and pepper

Let's do this!

Cook the beef until soft if you have a tough cut. I knew my beef needed more time to cook but it was late and I needed to serve it. I just told my family not to touch the beef. Lesson learned. You can precook the beef so that you can avoid the mistake I made.

In a pot, saute some chopped garlic and onions in oil. Add the carrots and cook for 2 minutes. Add the beef. Add the cream of mushroom soup and water. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Let the mixture boil. Add the cooked macaroni. Lower the heat to simmer for 3 minutes. You can add more water if you want it to be soupy. The macaroni will soak up all the soup. So you may need to adjust seasonings further. 

Comments