Chocolate Chip Rice Krispies Cups


Do you remember this recipe? It was a hit with my son and husband but not so much with me. I'm not a huge fan of marshmallows. Sure I ate the treat but I didn't enjoy it as much as they did. 

After that, I was left with half a box full of Rice Krispies. What to do? I made them again but this time using Muscovado sugar and not marshmallows. 

You need:

Rice Krispies
muscovado or brown sugar
butter
chocolate chips

non-stick muffin tins
non-stick spray

Let's do this!

Sorry about the lack of measurements. I just eyeballed everything. These will all be estimates. You can't go wrong with this recipe, trust me. 

Heat some butter in a pan, about 3 tablespoons. When the butter is melted, add about 2 tablespoons of Muscovado or brown sugar. Let the sugar melt, stirring every now and then. Add the Rice Krispies and mix well until everything is coated. The mixture should not be too wet.  Transfer to a prepared non-stick muffin pan. I still spray it with a non-stick spray to be sure that these babies come out easily, without residue (I hate scrubbing pans). Top with chocolate chips. Let the mixture cool and harden a bit. I also place this in the fridge so that they will stick faster. 

To make it healthier, try topping it with your favorite dried fruits and nuts. 


Comments