The Spaghetti that Pleased Everybody


My husband likes Filipino-style spaghetti, meaning sweet. I like Italian-style, meaning a bit sour. My son eats whatever as long as it's pasta. He is a big pasta monster. I wanted to use up the last bag of minced beef in the freezer and the half bag of pasta in my stash so I decided it was time to cook some spaghetti. I don't normally cook spaghetti because of our differing tastes but this time, I wanted to try something new. I mixed the Filipino-style and Italian-style sauces and it came out great!

You need:

A pack of spaghetti
minced beef
Filipino-Style spaghetti sauce (I used Del Monte)
Italian-Style spaghetti sauce (also Del Monte)
salt and pepper to taste
grated Parmesan
garlic
onions
Olive oil

Let's do this!

Cook the spaghetti according to package directions.

In a pan, add some olive oil and heat on medium heat. Chop the garlic and onions. Add the onions. When translucent. add the garlic. When the garlic is fragrant, add the minced beef and let it brown. I usually season the beef with pepper at this point. Add the sauces and mix well. Add some grated Parmesan, about 1/8 cup. Mix. Taste. Season with more salt and pepper if needed.

I was very happy with this dish because it wasn't too sweet. It was still sweet to please my husband but not too sweet that I end up hungry after the meal. My son was plain happy. He asked for thirds and his plate was like this when lunch ended:



Comments