Zac's Sliders


My son loves sliders. You know, those miniature burgers. He likes them because they're more convenient to eat with his little hands and small mouth. I like preparing them because they're easy and very filling.

My version changes from time to time depending on the ingredients I have on hand and also depending on my mood but the basics are minced meat (you can do a combination of pork and beef), salt and pepper and sometimes a binder such as an egg or some cornstarch.

You need:

1/2 kilo minced meat (can be pork or beef or a combination of both)
salt and pepper
herbs of your choice - sometimes I use oregano and parsley
2 tablespoons bottled barbecue sauce
egg or cornstarch
onion powder (optional)
garlic powder (optional)

small burger buns or in my case, dinner rolls
caramelized onions or onion jam
pickles
melting cheese - I normally use mozzarella

Let's do this!

In a bowl, combine minced meat, salt and pepper, herbs (if using), 2 tablespoons bottled barbecue sauce, onion and garlic powders. Add one egg or a tablespoon of cornstarch. Mix well. Form into patties.

Cook in a pan or grill. Cook one side then flip the other side. When the other side is almost to your desired doneness, top with cheese and cover so that the cheese will melt. 

To assemble, place a patty on bread, top with a pickle and some onions or onion jam. Enjoy with your favorite cold drink. 

Comments