Burger Pasta


I got a lot of burger patties from my local supermarket because it was on BOGO. I got about 3 kilos worth and so I was able to be creative with them. I think this is one of the last (if not the last) of the dishes that I was able to make out of the first batch.

This is so easy to make because I didn't have to prep the meat. I was also able to use up the leftover macaroni.

You need:

chopped garlic
chopped onions
macaroni (cooked according to package directions)
spaghetti sauce (I used a combination of Italian and Filipino styles)
2 crumbled burger patties (I bought the ones prepared in-house by the supermarket instead of the frozen ones)
salt and pepper
dried oregano
dried basil
dried parsley
olive oil

Let's do this!

In a pan, heat some olive oil. Add some chopped onions and cook until translucent. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant. Add the crumbled burger patties and cook until brown. If it becomes too oily, scoop out the oil and dump them. Add the sauces. Let the mixture boil and then lower heat to simmer. Season with the oregano, basil and parsley. Taste first before adding salt and pepper. Let the sauce simmer for 3-5 minutes and then add the cooked macaroni. Mix well. Top with cheese before serving.



Comments