My First Creamy Pasta Without Cream! (SOY-FREE)


My son is allergic to dairy but he has overcome his allergy to yogurt, specifically Greek yogurt. He loves cream pastas but, well, he can't eat them anymore. So, I tried using Greek yogurt for this pasta.

I found this cream dory pasta recipe from my sister while I was browsing through my archives and it served as the inspiration for this pasta recipe today. The taste will be a bit sour because of the yogurt but my son still loved this dish. 

You need:

spaghettini, cooked according to package directions

chopped garlic
chopped onions
cream dory, cut into small pieces
black olives
1 medium tub Greek yogurt (I used the BTIC brand)
a splash of fresh coconut milk (squeezed my own)
dried parsley
Parmesan cheese
Himalayan pink salt and pepper

olive oil

Let's do this!

1. In a pan, put some olive oil. Saute onions until translucent. Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
2. Add the cream dory and wait for it to cook. Add the olives.
3. In a bowl, put the Greek yogurt and add a splash of coconut milk to loosen it up. Add some Parmesan cheese. Whisk. 
4. Add the yogurt mixture to the pan and mix well. Add some parsley.
5. Season with salt and pepper. 
6. Add the cooked pasta and mix well. Serve. 

I served this with some oyster mushroom chicharones.

For the leftovers, I served it with some garlic-Parmesan-olive oil rye toasts. 

Comments