Allergy-Friendly Pancakes

Y'all know that I have chronic urticaria. That means, I have to be careful when it's active. I change my diet drastically. I stay away from chicken, seafood, eggs and all the major allergens. That presents a problem as I become very limited to a few food choices. I already have trouble figuring out what to eat for breakfast when I don't have urticaria, how much more when it's active. My family loves pancakes but I couldn't make "normal" ones so I whipped up a batch of egg-less pancakes.



I'm not going to lie. If you are a die hard pancake fan, you're not going to like this. It's not that it tastes terrible. It tastes okay but it's not like the original one. It's still fluffy though and if you are not allergic to bacon, you can have some on the side. Oh, and don't forget the butter and maple syrup. 

Legend:

APF - all purpose flour
t - teaspoon
T- tablespoon
c - cup

You need:


2 cups APF 
4t baking powder
2t sugar
2c milk
2T water
3T canola oil
1/4t vanilla


Let's do this!

Mix all the dry ingredients in one bowl and all the wet in another. Add the wet to the dry and mix. Don't over mix. A few lumps are okay. Drop about a fourth of a cup batter onto a hot griddle or in my case, a hot pan. I also use canola spray to prevent the pancakes from sticking to the pan. Flip the pancakes when bubbles form and begin to pop. 

Comments