Chocolate Chip Loaf



I'd probably classify this as a breakfast/snack food. Again, I try to bake breakfast food that I can just reheat when I need it. This is another great example. You can add nuts such as walnuts or chopped almonds to this bread. I didn't as I baked this when my urticaria was still active.



You need:

loaf pan, greased or in my case, I sprayed with canola oil spray
4 cups all purpose flour
1 cup brown sugar (I used muscovado)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon soda
a big pinch of salt
2 large eggs
1 3/4 cups milk
2/3 cup canola oil
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips


Let's do this!

Preheat oven to 180C. 

In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine eggs, milk and vegetable oil. Add the wet mixture to the flour mixture. Mix just until combined. Do not over mix. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts if using. Transfer to prepared loaf pans. 

Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes and then remove. Place on wire racks. 

This didn't last a long time in my house. While it was cooling on the rack, my husband and son kept picking at it and by the time it was fully cooled, only half of it was left. 


Comments