Crunchy Cauliflower Popcorn Bites

I like cauliflower. I know a lot of people don't like the taste but I really like it. When it's not too expensive, I always buy it. This dish was a part of our Easter spread. Both kids and adults loved it!


You need:

1 large cauliflower, cut into bite-sized florets
1/2 cup flour
2 eggs, beaten
panko breadcrumbs
1/2 cup Parmesan
Spanish paprika
salt and pepper
garlic powder
onion powder
dried oregano
dried thyme
oil for frying

Note: Please don't be afraid to eyeball your herbs and spices. Just go for it!


Let's do this!

Make a dredging station - one bowl for flour, one for eggs and one for panko with the herbs and spices and the Parmesan. Dredge the florets in the flour, dip into the eggs then into the panko mixture. Deep fry in oil in batches. Do not overcrowd your pan.  Place the cooked popcorn on a wire rack over a sheet pan to let the excess oil drain. Do not put on paper towels as they will become soggy!

Enjoy with your favorite dip. I think I just served this with ketchup and sweet and sour sauce. 

Comments