Hot Ham and Cheese Sandwich and Herbed Marble Potatoes


Although rice is a staple in most Southeast Asian homes, I tend to ignore it during summer, especially on very hot summer days. I opt to use my multicooker or oven more to decrease my time in the kitchen. I can't stand the heat and I also get allergy wheals when I'm in a hot place. So, sandwiches are quite a staple in our house during summer. This might be a simple sounding sandwich but it packs some flavor. The addition of herbed marble potatoes makes this a very filling meal.

You need

mini baguettes ( I got them from Rustan's. They are usually on BOGO)
cooked ham 
cheese of your choice (I used mozzarella as it's my favorite)
mustard
brown sugar or muscovado

Recipe for herbed marble potatoes can be found here. For this dish, I added some dried oregano.

Let's do this!

In a bowl, put some mustard and add sugar. Mix until some of the sugar melts. You can also use honey. I'm still reacting to honey so I used sugar. Slice your bread. Spread some of the mustard mixture on both sides. Add a slice of ham and a slice of cheese. Cover with the other half. Pop in the oven for 10 minutes at 175C and lunch is ready!

Comments