Pork Afritada



I love tomato-based dishes. The problem is when my urticaria became active, I started reacting to tomatoes. It's fortunate that I was able to enjoy this dish before I had a full blown urticaria attack.

You need:

chopped garlic
chopped onion
pork cut into cubes
potatoes
carrots
red bell pepper
1 pack tomato sauce
salt and pepper
pork cube
water


Note: Cook this in a slow cooker or multicooker to make the pork super tender. 

Let's do this!

Heat oil in a pan or in my case, a multicooker and saute the garlic and onions. Add the pork and brown it on all sides. Add the red bell peppers. You can also add the peppers later on if you like them intact. I like adding it early so that it will break down and mix with the sauce. Pour some water, add the pork cube and tomato sauce. Stir and simmer for about 40 minutes. 

Check the pork if it's tender enough for you. Add the potatoes and carrots. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with rice. 




Comments