Easy Shrimp Sotanghon


We have a lot of stuff in our food stash that I want to use up. Lately, I've only been buying from the supermarket if I really, really need to. One day, I was too lazy to cook and ingredients were scarce in the fridge so I ended up cooking this dish. It used a lot of leftover vegetables in the crisper.

You need:

sotanghon, cooked according to package directions
carrots, cut into thin strips
some cabbage, cut into strips
chopped spring onions
shrimps
chopped garlic
chopped onions
chicken cube
salt and pepper
1 tablespoon soy sauce
half a teaspoon oyster sauce
water
oil

Let's do this!

In a wok, heat some oil. Add the chopped onions and cook until translucent. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant. Add the carrots and cook for 1 minute. Add the cabbage and cook for another minute. Add the shrimps. I used small cooked frozen shrimps. Season with soy sauce and oyster sauce. Season with pepper. Add some water, about half a cup. Let it boil. Add the chicken cube and mix until fully combined with the other ingredients. Add the cooked sotanghon and mix well. Taste and season with more salt if needed but at this point, it is usually good to go. Sprinkle with chopped spring onions. 

I served this with some lechon kawali:


My son and husband loved this meal. 

Comments