Eating Through our Freezer - Crumbled Burger Saute




 Are you getting tired of my burger dishes? I hope not because I have a few more and you have to admit, they are very easy to prepare. I like to "squeeze out" as much as I can out of our groceries to help lower our grocery bills. This recipe is very affordable as you will see. If you are trying to save up some money, read on.

You need:

crumbled burger patties (I use the ones my supermarket prepares in-house, not frozen)
1 small head of cabbage, shredded
1 carrot, sliced into matchsticks
garlic
onions
salt and pepper
water
oil

Let's do this!

In a pan, heat some oil. Add some chopped onions and cook until translucent. Add the chopped garlic and cook until fragrant. Add the minced beef and cook until brown. Add the carrot sticks and cook for 2 minutes. Add the cabbage. Pour about 1 cup of water (or more depending on how much soup you want). You can also use broth.  Mix and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil then lower heat to simmer. Cook for about 3 more minutes. Serve with rice. 


Comments