Tomato, Coconut Curry Chicken


I totally forgot to take a photo of this dish when the chickens were still in the bowl that's why it just looks like a lot of sauce. We were already very hungry and taking pictures completely escaped my mind. Add to the fact that this tasted really good. In fact, one of the best curries I've ever made. It may not look much in the photo but believe me, you gotta try this!

You need:

chicken, cut into pieces (I used adobo cut chicken)
2 tablespoons curry powder
thinly sliced onion
pressed garlic
1 can or tetra brick coconut milk
1 can diced tomatoes
1 big pouch tomato sauce
3 tablespoons sugar
oil
salt and pepper

Let's do this!

Season the chicken with salt and pepper. 

In a bowl, mix some oil and curry powder. Heat a pan (or your slow/multicooker) and add the curry-oil mixture. Heat it for a minute then add the onions. Cook until translucent. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant. Add the chicken and toss to coat with the oil. Reduce the heat and cook the chicken until the meat is white and juices run clear. Pour the coconut milk and diced tomatoes. Mix. Add the tomato sauce and sugar and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.  Cover the multicooker and cook for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally so that the sauce won't burn. Serve with rice. I'm getting hungry just by thinking about this meal and I just ate dinner! 



Comments