Rice with Vegetables (SOY-FREE, DAIRY-FREE, GLUTEN-FREE)



I bought a can of organic black beans and thought I'd make rice with vegetables a la Sbarro. The difference is I used a combination of black and brown rice whereas they only use white. I've also added and substituted in this recipe.

You need:

cold rice
chopped onions
chopped green bell pepper
olives
kidney beans or black beans (Sbarro uses kidney beans)
Shitake mushrooms, sliced or chopped
Himalayan salt and pepper
olive oil
1t coconut aminos

Let's do this!

1. Heat oil in pan. Add the onions and saute until translucent. 
2. Add mushrooms and brown them. Add the bell peppers, olives and beans. Mix. Cook for about 2 minutes. 
3. Add the cold rice and mix. Season with coconut aminos, salt and pepper. 

I served this with some pan-cooked salmon. 



Comments