Scallops Fried Rice (SOY-FREE, GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE)


Sorry for the sickly-looking photo. I've been using my phone to take photos for this blog and the camera is not very good plus the fact that the lighting (or lack of) is bad.

I whipped up this dish in a hurry as my son needed to attend class. I usually opt for fried rice during class days.

You need:

scallops
chopped onions
chopped carrots
chopped spring onions
shredded cabbage
cold rice (I used brown and black rice)
8 quail eggs (2 chicken eggs for substitute)
coconut aminos
fish sauce
pink salt and pepper
coco sugar
olive oil

Let's do this!

1. In a pan, cook the eggs, scrambled. You can also cook it omelette-style and just cut it up into strips. I'm usually too lazy to do that so I scramble them, breaking up the chunks as I go. Set aside. 
2. In a pan or wok, heat some oil. Add the chopped onions and cook until translucent. 
2. Add the scallops. Cook for 1 minute. 
3. Add the carrots and cook for 3 minutes. Add the cabbage and cook for a minute. 
4. Add the cold rice and mix, mix, mix. Add the eggs and mix. 
5. In a small bowl, combine 1T each of coconut aminos and fish sauce. Add a pinch or two of coco sugar. Mix well.
6. Add this sauce to the rice and mix well. Taste. Season with salt if needed. Season with pepper. Top with spring onions and mix well. Serve hot. 

Comments