We are Loving Manila Inasal (Food Review)

 


Yesterday, my son and I went to Mitsukoshi. I asked him what we should take home for lunch. I told him to choose between Mos Burger and Manila Inasal. He chose Manila Inasal. This is our second time to taste their food. 

On my first order (also for takeaway), I ordered the bone-in and boneless chicken inasal for my husband and son. I had the bangus. I liked the bangus so much that I ordered it again the second time. 




The boys said that the chicken was good also. 

We got 3 orders of the bangus inasal as my son loves bangus also and wanted to taste it.  

I apologize for the photo as I was halfway through the meal when I realized that I forgot to take a photo! We were in such a rush yesterday because my son had to attend a class.


One set includes half a bangus, garlic java rice, eggplant ensalada, sauce, and some soup. The bangus is very filling. Although it was only half a portion, the meat was thick. I just didn't like that a part of it was so charred. I forgot to tell them not to char it too much. That part was bitter already. The rice also became bitter because of that. I'm happy that the bangus did not have that "gilik" taste. 

The ensalada was really good albeit having a ton of onions. It had very little eggplant and salted egg. Maybe they should change the name? I like the fact that the tomatoes didn't have seeds on them anymore and that added to the fresh taste of the ensalada. Did you know that we can't digest tomato seeds and skin? It's best not to eat them as they add stress to our digestive systems. There's also a sprinkling of cilantro. If you don't like the taste, make sure to take them out. I personally like cilantro so it was a welcome addition to the ensalada. It adds to the overall taste. 

The soup, if I remember correctly, is kansi. It's a bit like sinigang but less sour. It's nice. I just completely ignored it yesterday. The sauce is salty and sour already. I didn't want the extra tartness from the soup anymore. Plus, the rice had the perfect texture so it didn't need any soup anymore. The bangus can stand on its own in terms of flavor. If you're not really a sauce person, you can enjoy the bangus without it. 

One order costs Php390. This is okay with me as they cook the food upon ordering so it's not just sitting there. The ingredients are fresh and clean-tasting. I have very high standards with food because my son and I are very sensitive, with allergies and stuff. 

Oh, I forgot that I had an incident the first time I ordered from them. My GCash had an error and I ended up paying twice. The staff said that they would have to coordinate with their accounting for my refund. I told them that it wasn't a problem and left my contact details. After several minutes, I got a call from them asking if I was still in the mall and that they would just refund me in cash. It's so nice that they were able to solve the problem immediately without going through several steps. I appreciate that. Thank you, Manila Inasal!

I look forward to trying the chicken and other meals on their menu. Stay tuned for those. 

If you've eaten at Manila Inasal, what's your verdict? What would you recommend?

Comments