Chocolate, Flaky, and Still Half-Asleep


Quick Bites. 

I’ve been stocking on quick bites lately. 

For years, I was Bree Van de Kamp. 

Especially when I became a mom. 

Especially when my system went out of control after all those meds they pumped into me. 


But now I realize that I can accept help. 

Even with meals. 

Especially with meals. 


Like this one. 

This is pain au chocolat from Paris Baguette. 

(You all know my son and I love a good pain au chocolat.)

It’s flaky, sure. But the pastry becomes tough and chewy. 

I don’t know why. 

We tried a few breads and pastries from them and it seems their pastry gets very hard after reheating. 


I only reheat at a low temperature in my oven for 10 minutes. 

I do the same for our favorite Lartizan pain au chocolat and other pain au chocolat for that matter and I dont get tough, chewy, pain. 😆


Moving on from that, this is a great example of a satisfying quick bite. 

And I’m glad I had these ready. 

Even half-asleep, I was able to serve breakfast. 


Sometimes the real luxury is not the food.

It’s the fact that it’s already taken care of. 


I’ll set the table again soon.


Lady E

Founder, Lady E Eats
Where food becomes story, and every table holds a moment


Comments