I have so many crowns I wear daily that if you look at it, it might seem impossible to do all my daily responsibilities.
But I do.
Because I have systems.
My friends tell me I do the work of at least 3 people daily.
Oh, little do they know.
I do so much more than that.
My secret?
I take care of future me.
Always.
And one of the simplest, but very crucial (if not the most crucial) systems I’m developing is meal preparation.
If you’ve ever cooked three times a day in your life for a week, you’d know that it’s not easy.
It can also sometimes be boring.
Or a bother.
Especially when you’re doing something very important and your tummy suddenly starts to growl.
Or if you’re ADHD like me and hyperfocusing on work (or a painting) and the familiar hunger pangs come.
It’s too troublesome to drop everything and cook.
So I make systems.
Such as the photo above.
That is meat sauce that I froze.
When I don’t want to be bothered, but need sustenance, I reach for that, plop it into a pan and reheat on low.
Then mix it with pasta.
Or rice.
Or a baked potato.
Then smother with melting cheese.
I’m over my Bree Van de Kamp era.
I want simple, easy, fast systems that will feed me and my family while I immerse in my passions - writing, painting, creating, building.
And future me?
She thanks me every single time.
—
I’ll set the table again soon.
Lady E
Founder, Lady E Eats
Where food becomes story, and every table holds a moment

Comments
Post a Comment