There are mornings that don’t ask much of you.
No urgency.
No rush to get out the door.
No need to be anything other than… present.
This was one of those mornings.
Soft eggs, gently folded in a small pan.
No technique to impress, no plating to perfect.
Just eggs, a little butter-
and the patience to let them come together slowly.
I didn’t rush them.
That’s the secret, isn’t it?
Not just in cooking, but in mornings like this.
You don’t rush what is meant to soften.
The curds stayed tender.
Barely set.
The kind that still glisten, still feel like they’re holding onto a little warmth.
A sprinkle of herbs and finishing salt at the end—
not for show, just for that quiet lift in flavor.
And that was it.
No toast.
No sides.
No need to turn it into something more.
Just a small bowl.
A quiet table.
A moment that didn’t need to prove anything.
I used to think meals had to be complete.
Balanced.
Structured.
But lately…
I’ve been drawn to things like this.
Simple.
Enough.
Kind.
The kind of food that meets you where you are—
not where you think you should be.
I ate slowly.
Not because I was trying to.
But because nothing was pulling me away.
No notifications.
No deadlines pressing in.
Just the soft rhythm of a fork,
and the quiet satisfaction of something made for myself.
Maybe that’s what makes it a pleasure.
Not the ingredients.
Not even the taste.
But the space around it.
The permission to slow down.
To soften.
To begin the day gently.
Some mornings don’t need more.
They just need this.
—
I’ll set the table again soon.
Lady E
Founder, Lady E Eats
Where food becomes story, and every table holds a moment

Comments
Post a Comment