Something Sweet, But No Effort Required

 


I don’t have a sweet tooth, but I always make sure there’s something sweet to grab in the fridge or snack box. 

A little pick me up when blood sugars are running low and the food reheating takes 20 minutes. 

Or simply to remove umay.


Fruit salad is considered a celebration dish in my country.

People make them for birthdays, Christmas, New Year’s, etc. 

In my house, however, fruit salad makes a frequent appearance. 

Why?

Because I like it. 

And my husband loves it.

And those are reasons enough.


Usually fruit salad has all sorts of ingredients like shredded coconuts, cheese, condensed milk, and a few others. 

Each family has their own recipe.

Mine is simple - just cream and sweetener. 

That’s it. 

Why complicate it?


We eat it for dessert after a hearty meal. 

The combination of sweet and tart from the fruits, all covered in creaminess makes for a satisfying treat after dinner.


A Simple Pleasure.  


And this has got me thinking -

What other dishes can I simplify to save on time and energy?

Because sometimes, simple and easy is just exactly what we need to satisfy our bellies and boost our spirits.


—

I’ll set the table again soon.


Lady E

Founder, Lady E Eats
Where food becomes story, and every table holds a moment

 







Comments