Something Sweet, But No Effort Required

 


I don’t have a sweet tooth, but I always make sure there’s something sweet to grab in the fridge or snack box. 

A little pick me up when blood sugars are running low and the food reheating takes 20 minutes. 

Or simply to remove umay.


Fruit salad is considered a celebration dish in my country.

People make them for birthdays, Christmas, New Year’s, etc. 

In my house, however, fruit salad makes a frequent appearance. 

Why?

Because I like it. 

And my husband loves it.

And those are reasons enough.


Usually fruit salad has all sorts of ingredients like shredded coconuts, cheese, condensed milk, and a few others. 

Each family has their own recipe.

Mine is simple - just cream and sweetener. 

That’s it. 

Why complicate it?


We eat it for dessert after a hearty meal. 

The combination of sweet and tart from the fruits, all covered in creaminess makes for a satisfying treat after dinner.


A Simple Pleasure.  


And this has got me thinking -

What other dishes can I simplify to save on time and energy?

Because sometimes, simple and easy is just exactly what we need to satisfy our bellies and boost our spirits.


I’ll set the table again soon.


Lady E

Founder, Lady E Eats
Where food becomes story, and every table holds a moment

 







Comments