Worth It? My Idiot Sandwich Experience

 


I’m not one for hype.

I don’t try or buy something just because it’s viral. 

But I did want to try Chef Gordon Ramsay’s Idiot Sandwiches. 


Pop-up store


It helped that it’s conveniently located near one of the membership stores we frequent. 
So, one day, after shopping, we decided to go as we were also already hungry and this was the nearest place that (might be) safe for us and our sensitivities.
It is, after all, a Gordon Ramsay place, right? 😏
(Meaning, fresh ingredients, highly trained chefs and servers, no cross-contamination, balanced dishes, and the like.)


The menu is pretty straightforward…
Or should I say, ‘Idiot-Proof’? 😏
 





Of course, there has to be a portrait of him somewhere in there, right?

They sell merch, but I didn’t bother

The tables and chairs were nice. The place is outdoors. 


I have no idea why they put our sandwiches in a takeaway bag when I clearly told the girl who took my order that we were going to dine there. 

At first I thought that all sandwiches were served this way because the 2 ladies across our table also had their sandwiches delivered this way.


Until I saw a group of diners with plates? Baskets? Cardboard boxes? I honestly can’t remember, but it looked like something that they would serve when you eat there. 

Hmm…

Anyway, we ordered..


Chicken Breakfast Club



I only had a bite of this, so I can’t really tell if I like it. 
First bite? Yes, I liked it. 
I saw on the menu that it should have 2 eggs. I asked my son if he can remember those and he said no. 

Oh, I remember. The basil was too strong. It overpowered everything and there were several leaves. 
It’s amazing how my son was able to eat it. 
He must have been very hungry. 😏

Yes, I liked it with less basil. 

Classic Ham & Cheese Toastie




I went for this first. 
First impression? Umay.
Umay is when your tastebuds get sick of a specific flavor or texture. 
Or it could be that I’m not a huge fan of cheese. 
The ham was good, though. I wish there was more ham. 

Fish No Chips




The boys didn’t touch this, probably because of that thick green goddess dressing and all those purple cabbages. 
I ate half. 
The fish was not crisp, like what I was expecting. 
Mind you, I opened all the paper wrappers immediately after they were delivered to me. And we were just sitting on the side of the pop-up. 
So it wasn’t an issue of not airing it out right away. 

We were in front of their window/payment/order counter.




It was edible but I got tired chewing. 
And yeah.. 
Umay.

I also felt that it needed more salt. The flavor was flat. 
But that green goddess…
It was too much for me. 

That night, I had terrible gas. 
It really hurt. 
I was burping and massaging my stomach all night. 
My burps tasted of green goddess and basil. 😑

I think I was able to sleep at 4 am. 

The sandwiches were also super messy to eat. 
I asked my son and husband after if they liked it. 
They said it’s so-so. 

I did love the lemonade. 
At first my son and I shared one, but it was really good and I needed it to swallow the sandwich, so I bought one for myself. 
Oh, and they don’t accept cash. 
Just cards and for the local, Gcash. 



Will we try again? 

I value my sleep more than an idiot sandwich, thank you very much. 


I’ll set the table again soon.


Lady E

Founder, Lady E Eats
Where food becomes story, and every table holds a moment



Comments