Years Later, Still Making This

 


There are some dishes that we keep coming back to over the years. 

But, I feel that’s the same for all families. 

Don’t you gravitate towards the same things in the grocery store?


This dish is something that I don’t often cook, 

but when it makes an appearance, it’s always warm and comforting. 


I’ve written about creamy quail eggs and vegetables years ago. 

More than a decade ago, in fact. 

Back then, I made a variation of sipo eggs.


For this dish, I used cream of mushroom soup instead of cream to make proper sipo eggs. 

There are many ways of making sipo eggs, but all of them (as far as I know) have a thick cream base. 

For the recipe, check out the original post and swap cream of mushroom soup instead of cream. 

I served some crunchy chicken skin with this dish because I needed the texture variation. 


Mom isn’t a good cook. 

That’s why my sister and I do the cooking. 😁

But I distinctly remember a mixed vegetable dish with shrimps that she sometimes cooked when she had the time (single mom). 

It was good. 

Simple and good. 

Sometimes I’d have that for baon (packed meal) for school. 

So I guess this dish kinda reminds me of afternoons in school where I’d open my lunchbox and find my favorite shrimps and a hearty meal waiting for me. 


Maybe soon I’ll make a variation of this dish and build memories around them with my son. 


I’ll set the table again soon.


Lady E

Founder, Lady E Eats
Where food becomes story, and every table holds a moment


Comments