Midnight Pita Pockets for the Night Owls

 


We’re night owls in this house, which means dinner can happen suspiciously close to midnight.

If we eat before nine, there’s a very good chance someone’s stomach will start growling again before bedtime. So on this particular night, I made pita pockets with a warm, tomatoey, cheesy beef filling.

Late dinner? Absolutely.

Regrets? Look at that cheese. 😂


My boys love cheese. 

Me? Not a big fan. Dairy and I don’t agree too much.

But this was really good. Minced beef, shrooms, olives stuffed into those pockets. Mmm… 

I also added some guacamole. I just put it over each bite. 

The cold and tartness balanced everything out.


I love simple dinners like this one. 

I don’t get too full before sleep, but I’m also not going to bed with a grumbling tummy. 

Midnight snack?

No. 

In my house - 

Midnight dinners. 



I’ll set the table again soon.


Lady E

Founder, Lady E Eats
Where food becomes story, and every table holds a moment


 


Comments