One night I was cooking dinner that was taking too long and then I started feeling that familiar dizziness associated with low blood sugar.
So, I opened the fridge and found these, opened them and munch, munch, munched until I felt stable.
So, no beautifully arranged chocolate photograph.
Just opened bags. 😁
With a phone shadow
There are two kinds: milk chocolate sea salt pistachios and dark chocolate cranberries.
I liked both, but the cranberries immediately became my favorite.
They have that sweet-sour combination I tend to love in candy. You get the chocolate first, followed by that little tartness from the cranberry that keeps the whole thing from becoming too sweet.
The pistachios were good too, especially with the slight saltiness, but I don’t think I could sit down and eat very many of them on their own.
So I started mixing the two.
A cranberry. A pistachio. Maybe another cranberry.
Much better.
And somewhere between the chocolate and dried fruit, I suddenly thought of Raisinets.
When I was a child and Raisinets first appeared in our lives, Mom used to buy them for us quite often.
I was anemic then, and my doctor had told her to give me raisins.
Apparently, putting those raisins inside chocolate was an arrangement everyone could support. 😁
For years, Raisinets became one of those familiar childhood treats.
Ironically, and yes, I am enjoying the double pun here, I don’t actually like Raisinets anymore.
I can’t even remember the last time I ate them. It has probably been years.
Funny how taste changes.
The thing that reminded me of an old favorite has become something I like much more than the original.
Maybe it’s the tart cranberry.
Maybe it’s having pistachio and sea salt in the next handful.
Or maybe I’ve simply graduated from childhood raisins to a slightly more complicated chocolate situation.
Either way, I think these are staying in the fridge.
——
I’ll set the table again soon.
Lady E
Founder, Lady E Eats
Where food becomes story, and every table holds a moment

Comments
Post a Comment