KOS Greek Ouzeria Review


We went to KOS Greek Ouzeri in UP Town Center about two weeks ago. My son and I love Greek food. Also, between our allergies, I discovered that the safest cuisine for us both is Greek/Mediterranean. ALL FOOD SERVED IN KOS IS SOY-FREE!!!!! (This, according to the chef). HALLELUJAH!!! 

I ordered the Mezedes above which came with unlimited bread, pita and flat breads. 



Hummus, Skordalia, Melitzanosalata, Tzatziki

Let's talk about the mezedes first. The dips are great but some were lacking oomph. My son and I feasted on the hummus. I didn't like the skordalia very much. The melitzanosalata was okay as well as the tzatziki. What I loved was the unlimited pita. I didn't like the bread. My mom and husband ate them. My son and I gorged on the pita. Forget about the flat bread. It was too floury and crispy. As in lots of raw flour all over the breads. When I asked for refills, I only asked for the pita. This was a good dish for only Php200+


My husband, mom and I ordered the same - Chicken Souvlaki

The chicken souvlaki was too tough for my taste (and knife). It was hard to cut but the taste was good. The vegetables were a good addition. The portion is good, not as filling and hearty as Cyma's. I have a hard time finishing Cyma's Chicken Souvlaki...but it's sooo good. 




My son, of course, ordered the grilled salmon. 

My son loves salmon and when I asked him if he wanted to try this place, his immediate question was, "Do they serve salmon?". This would have been good had not the skin been burnt. It was bitter from all that charring. The vegetables are the same as above except there was no salad on this one. I think my son didn't like this as much as he likes Cyma's as he was not able to finish it. Knowing my son, he can finish a huge order of salmon all by himself. For me, it was okay for its price (around Php300+ if I remember correctly).


And then there's this snail. Say hello to Turbo. I found him when I turned one lettuce leaf over. I have a habit of checking every single piece of lettuce/salad greens when I eat out to check for caterpillars and snails. Good thing I did and thus the discovery of Turbo. Oh, Turbo was very much alive if you were wondering. 

So, I called the staff and showed them this. They removed my plate and transferred the chicken and potatoes to another smaller plate which made my meal look sad. It looked like they just dumped my food. But, there was no salad! My mom asked the server if they would replace my salad. They did and the salad arrived after a few minutes. (Why did my mom need to remind them to replace my salad? Isn't that supposed to be automatic, SOP, if they get a food complaint????) 

So, the salad came in a bowl. There were more greens now but I didn't touch them anymore because they had black flecks and from my experience, those are snail poop. I juice a lot of kale and the pack says triple washed but I still find a lot of caterpillars, snails and their poop on the leaves. This is the reason why I know this. I didn't bother complaining anymore. The lady server said they were sorry but that they also wash the greens. They might not be washing it thoroughly, I don't know. 

Anyway, we enjoyed this meal and had fun with Turbo. Sure, we'd go back even if it's just to order the mezedes. Have you tried this restaurant? What's your favorite dish? What can you recommend that we try next time?



Comments