Same Base, Different Plates

 


One of the things I’m focusing on right now is creating systems that allow me to enjoy my soft luxe life. 

One of them is making it easy to eat safe, nutritious, fun meals for me and my family. 

Meatballs are one of my safe dishes - high in protein and versatile. 

I can cook a batch or two, freeze them, and decide what to make with them on the day that I want to serve them. 

For this dish, I decided to make some saucy meatballs.


I didn’t even think about the sauce too much. Just onions, tonkatsu sauce (I got one that’s too sour for me, so I used that), a little soy, and sugar to get rid of some of that sourness. 

Then added the meatballs. 

I was painting before I cooked and was thinking of painting more after eating that’s why my tools are there. 

I served this with rice and edamame. 

It’s not complicated.
It’s just something I made earlier, so I don’t have to think too much later.

And lately, that’s what I’m building more of.
Meals that take care of me… even on days when I don’t feel like taking care of anything.


I’ll set the table again soon.


Lady E

Founder, Lady E Eats
Where food becomes story, and every table holds a moment


Comments