You can’t even see the chicken! Haha!
That was my first thought when I looked at the photo before starting writing.
But it’s there.
Hiding.
This is really chicken arroz caldo. I swear. ✋🏼
Well, Lady E version, that is.
I don’t put a lot of ingredients in my arroz caldo. Besides, some of the traditional arroz caldo ingredients give me rashes.
And that perhaps is what makes this bowl special - the simplicity.
Even with just a few ingredients, I am able to feed my family a filling and satisfying meal.
And because there aren’t a lot of ingredients, it’s also fairly easy and quick to make.
I can prep it and set it on the stove and take a shower or do chores and afterwards, breakfast is ready.
And we never eat congee without eggs.
Egg yolks that is.
I can’t eat whites.
My son used to get all my whites, but after a few years, he started disliking the whites.
So now I only put yolks.
I’m learning that simple foods can also nourish and satisfy.
Most of the time, I want an elaborate breakfast spread.
But there are days when a simple bowl of something warm is enough.
And isn’t that pretty?
Those golden yolks in a bed of white.
Sometimes, joy happens at the start of the day in a simple bowl of soupy rice and eggs.
—
I’ll set the table again soon.
Lady E
Founder, Lady E Eats
Where food becomes story, and every table holds a moment

Comments
Post a Comment