A Delicious Little Break in the Middle of My Workday

 


I have no idea how many times we ordered food this season, but I’m glad we did on this day.

I think I was doing atelier work when the hunger pangs hit. I was running a bit late on the orders and I didn’t have the bandwidth to stop my work and go cook. 

So, Cibo!


I ordered all our favorites - pizza, roasted chicken, shrimp rigatoni, mango panna cotta. 

These are all for sharing, obviously as Cibo portions are big. That’s half a roasted chicken right there. 

I especially like that with the herbed rice and the roasted zucchini. But these zucchinis were bitter that day. 

I also like that they add the lemon so I can squeeze it all over the chicken. 


The shrimp rigatoni is a tad spicy. Not enough to burn your mouth or make you drink after every bite. It was the right kind of heat. Just a little pinch every now and then. 


The cannolis were a new order. We didn’t finish this. I cut them into halves and a few of them stayed in the fridge far too long that I had to chuck them. 


Our all-time favorite - mango panna cotta! The mangoes were a little tart that day. They’re not in season anymore. Still, I wished they had a better supplier. 

After this, I was able to finish a few more pieces and didn’t get hungry after 30 minutes like when I only eat snacks. 😆

I know I need proper meals when I’m working, but sometimes that just doesn’t register at all. And I’m glad I live in this era of convenient food delivery. 

Slowly, I’m getting a new rhythm that is sustainable. I’ll get there.. with the help of a little food delivery and delicious breaks every now and then.



I’ll set the table again soon.


Lady E

Founder, Lady E Eats
Where food becomes story, and every table holds a moment



 

Comments