Working long days means I’m basically glued to my workspace.
And when I’m working for hours, snacks become less of a treat and more of a necessity. (I get too lazy to go down to cook. 😑)
I like having something nearby that I can reach for every now and then without having to stop whatever I’m doing.
So, of course, I’m always happy to try a new snack.
And this was one of them.
Strawberry chocolate mushroom biscuits!
They’re these tiny mushroom-shaped biscuits with crunchy little stems and strawberry-and-chocolate caps.
And I really, really like them.
The strawberry chocolate reminds me of Apollo chocolates, except someone apparently looked at Apollo and thought, You know what this needs? A biscuit.
They were right. 😂
The biscuit gives it that little crunch that keeps the chocolate from feeling too rich, while the strawberry makes the whole thing sweet and fruity.
They’re also dangerously easy to eat.
One mushroom.
Another mushroom.
A few paragraphs later, somehow there is an entire mushroom extinction event happening on my Pompompurin plate. 😭
But that’s exactly the sort of snack I like when I’m working. Tiny enough that I can nibble on a few without interrupting what I’m doing, but sweet enough to give my brain its little dopamine delivery before I go back to work.
Sometimes the things that get you through a long workday really are this small.
And strawberry-flavored. 🍓
—
I’ll set the table again soon.
Lady E
Founder, Lady E Eats
Where food becomes story, and every table holds a moment

Comments
Post a Comment