When Lunch is Pizza, Exploded Mozzarella Sticks, and Happiness

 


Regulars know that I’ve been building systems to make meal time and generally, life, easier for me. 

And one of those systems I have just recently embraced is frozen food. 

Yep, Bree Van De Kamp left the residence. 

But you know what, first a little story. 


For the first month (it’s our second month now) of serving a few frozen meals to my family, I felt guilty. 

I felt like I shouldn’t be doing it. 

I felt like it was so bad for our health.

I felt a little like a failure. 

Because I was programmed for years to be Bree. 

I made everything from scratch if I could make it. 


But my life now is so much more complicated than my Bree era. 

And I need help. 

There, I said it. 

For a time, it felt wrong to say that I needed help. 

But now, I’m not ashamed to say it anymore. 

I. Need. Help. 


And I will accept it in any form, even if it came in a frozen pizza box and a bag of frozen mozzarella sticks. 

Oh, and a jar of marinara sauce. 


We ate this for a late lunch one afternoon after my son’s piano class.

He’s not a big fan of eating out, and these frozen meals are truly a big help. 

I don’t have to make anything from scratch. 

I just popped the pizza into the oven and fried the mozzarella sticks


And speaking of the darn sticks…

After two attempts, I still couldn’t determine the right temperature and timing!

I thought I was getting the hang of it on the second batch, but no! 

They exploded, too!


I still have about half a bag of the little firecrackers. 

I have plenty of chances to get it right. 


But for this batch, we still ate them. 

Still tasted good. 

And the whole lunch still tasted like a little bite of happiness on a Tuesday afternoon.


I’ll set the table again soon.


Lady E

Founder, Lady E Eats
Where food becomes story, and every table holds a moment


 



Comments