There are days when I make myself a proper afternoon snack.
And then there are days when I am writing, working on atelier projects, bouncing between ideas, and then my tummy growls:
I need food.
This was one of those days.
Two leftover Eggos.
A little syrup.
Back to work.
Nothing homemade. Nothing beautifully assembled. Nothing requiring me to stop what I was doing for half an hour and create another task for myself.
And honestly?
Perfect.
I’ve been learning that feeding myself doesn’t always have to become a production.
Sometimes convenience food is exactly that:
Convenient.
It gives me something to eat while my attention and energy are somewhere else.
There will be days for cooking.
There will be days for elaborate meals and strange combinations that somehow make sense in my head.
And there will apparently be afternoons when two waffles land beside my keyboard because I have writing to finish and things to make.
I think all of those count.
Food doesn’t always have to be an experience.
Sometimes it just needs to keep me company while I’m busy creating one. 😏
——
I’ll set the table again soon.
Lady E
Founder, Lady E Eats
Where food becomes story, and every table holds a moment

Comments
Post a Comment